Thursday, December 11, 2008

Three days in a row!

Almost like the days when I started blogging! I should make it a goal to learn how to take the pictures off of the camera and put them on to the computer. Hubby has this whole 'system' though of how to categorize them. I am sure I would fall asleep during that lesson. Sometimes though I have something I want to post about but the pictures I want to use or not available. :S

So here is another peek at some of the lovely fabrics I got on Black Friday. I have admired the Farmer's Market fabrics but really wasn't sure what to do with them. At 50% off I figured I could find something. ;) Again, I wanted MORE of the prints from this line but I resisted. I listened to the voice in my head. Oh I argued with it, but in the end it won.

I had this magazine already and they have a CUTE apron made up in these fabrics. They are by designer Cindy Taylor Oates.

Actually it is a mother/daughter set of aprons. They did use the blue background big dahlia print in the magazine but the LQS only had the green. The clincher was that the LQS had a sample made up and hanging there. I got enough to make a mother/daughter set. No idea when I will make them or who it will be for but I am prepared.

I got a text from my daughter when she was at the train station and then a phone call from my friend that dropped her off. She said there were lots of college students boarding the train. So many parents waiting for their children to come home tonight or tomorrow or in the next day or so. So many children anxious to be home with their families for the holidays. It reminds me of the movie White Christmas when they are on the train. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! We will be watching it before Christmas. It is a tradition. We do fast forward through the 'Choreography' number - it is just strange. The kids and I laugh when Danny Kaye pretends to have twisted his ankle. We will also watch Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas and maybe It's a Wonderful Life. It is not a favorite of mine at all. I know. HORRORS! Can you believe I am even admitting that on the world wide web??? My kids tried to watch it years ago and thought there was too much talking. Maybe it is time to try it again. We will get some other Christmas movies from Netflix too. I like Polar Express and Christmas with the Kranks and a couple of the Home Alone movies. I have some older movies on reserve as well. What is YOUR favorite Christmas movie??

Prayers - continued prayers for Freda's Hive and all that is buzzing around there. Again prayers for safe travel for my college girl.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa....another similarity. I detest (okay, maybe that's too strong) I strongly dislike It's a wonderful life. Yeah, you're brave to admit. I'll just admit it here on your blog. I do not care for Christmas Carol either. I think it's the silly dream sequences. I have no patience for them. I do adore White Christmas. And I love the choreography parts. All and every one of them.

    Can't wait to see what you do with the Farmer's Market!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS