Did anyone else think that The Wizard of Oz was one scary, freaky movie?? No?? Well it was really just those MONKEYS! Hubby and I both thought that it was a scary movie to see as children and so we didn't let our kids watch it when they were little. Well then they weren't so little anymore but it was kind of a family joke at that point so they still did not watch it until they were both in high school, I think. Of course they did NOT think it was scary in the least and rolled their eyes at us even when the monkeys were doing their thing. They've lived a sheltered life, what do they know about scary anyway? Besides the house falling on the Wicked Witch of the East, and Glinda's entrances and exits, my favorite part of the movie was when the Wicked Witch of the West rides her broom over the Emerald City and writes SURRENDER DOROTHY. When I saw this fabric:
I knew that I had to do SOMETHING with it. I saw it online but when I ordered it they informed me it was out of stock. I had them give me this print instead;
Today I went to the local craft store and they had the Surrender Dorothy fabric! WOO HOO! I got a fat quarter. I THINK I am going to make a small purse for my sister. I'm not even sure if she will carry it. Her family gave her a license plate frame that says 'My other car is a broom' ! Nice gift huh?? I have a picture of her riding a broom around my property in her pajamas. I thought she just might carry a little purse that says Surrender Dorothy on it. I'm going to use the Ruby Slippers as lining. My other option is a half apron. Hmmmmm, maybe she would get more use out of that.* * * * * *
I sure hope I didn't shock anyone by posting three days in a row. No harm meant.
* * * * * *
Praise-the guys had a safe time unloading the trailer although they were gone way longer than they anticipated.
Prayers - I have nursery duty tomorrow. 'nuff said.

Darling fabric! Yes, that crazy movie scared me when I was little. But we always had it on because my dad saw it when he was a boy, and we wanted to be just like him.
ReplyDeleteI love goofy fabric for a surprise on the back of my quilts. I'm on the hunt for a little bit of this one.
We are hard-core bloggers......we can take 3 posts in a row! :')
ReplyDeleteI just love the Wizard of Oz and fell in love with the fabric (especially the sepia toned ones)
Just found your blog and was reading some of your post. Love the Dorothy's fabric and yes it was a little scary when I was younger and now look what some of the parents let them watch. Can't wait to see your purse you do for your sister.
ReplyDeleteKeep Stitchen'
Bonnie
Okay, I laughed so hard at that pig picture (say that 3x's fast). Must have been a scrapbooker! And I love when you post! I never thought that The Wizard of Oz was scary, but I haven't seen it in forever either. I have seen that fabric at my LQS. It's really cute. I hope nursery duty went well!
ReplyDeleteCJ, For some reason I have the urge to run & wash my face and brush my teeth & gargle! Hilarious photo :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteME too! I thought it was scary when I was small... so tame compared to what's out there now.
Love the fabric!
I am a little shocked to see back to back posts! But in a good way. I loved the Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. I looked forward to each annual showing of it on TV. That picture of the kid and the pig is freaky.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE The Wizard of Oz...I have lots of memorabilia that I bought before the Warner Brothers store went out of business a few years ago. Now....I have my 17 month old daughter addicted to it! But my hubby did ask if the witch/monkeys were giving her nightmares!
ReplyDeleteI do not remember if the movie scared me or not, I don't remember when I even watched it, I don't even remember hardly any of the movie.
ReplyDeleteI do like the idea to send your sister something, I think a half apron and not a purse. That is my opinon though. I like that she has a picture frame that says 'my other car is a broom'. LOL. When I was little I do remember thinking I was a witch for some reason and would take the 'broom' all around the house.
Yes, I was greatly shocked by the photo (1st choice) taken before 'saving' the child!
ReplyDeleteAnd YES, my son was so scared of those monkeys! MOstly it was ME who was scared of that tornado! but I LOVED the cowardly lion, and even today, still smile when he gets to being almost fearful!! 8-)