I seriously thought these would be sandwiched and quilted and bound by the new year.

They are still not sandwiched,quilted or bound. They are both sitting in a lump on my cutting table. I think about them. I think about all the things I could and should be doing with my time. I don't want to fritter away the entire month.These are just a few of the things I'd like to take part in. If I can do them without having to buy fabric that is.
I almost bought fabric for this. I was going to time that fabric purchase for 2010 so that I would not be 'cheating' on my 2011 goal, of course. I have gone back and forth on participating. I don't even KNOW how to embroider! I do love the little birdies though and figure it would be good to learn something new.
IF I participate I think I will use Dream On. I just need to figure out if I have a solid on hand that I can use for the block centers. If not the entire project will be put on hold.I would LOVE to participate in this one;
I have the book on the way but it is being shipped media mail (because it was free shipping - which I can hardly resist. It probably won't get here in time for me to join in for January. I have some large pieces of yardage but I'm not sure if I have three pieces that go together that are large enough for the first bag. I'm NOT buying more fabric right now. The January bag may be a pass for me.I already joined in on this one. The January entry could be a pillow made in the last 3 months.
Good way to insure more pillows in my future.
I came across this while looking at the other pillows in the party.
If I have the materials on hand I just may join in. I need to bust the stash after all. If this one doesn't work out I have plenty of patterns and fabrics on my to-do list or I just might find another quilt along to join.
Pink Chalk Fabrics is going to have a sew along on their blog, using the One Yard Wonders book. I requested the book from the library and hopefully will have that by the time the details are posted on the blog.
In addition to all of that I would like to;
* alter messenger bag that I gave to friend in August (strap adjustment/add closure of some sort)
* set of 6 quilted placemats using Origins.
* start Fandango quilt
I'll still need to be working on my memory verses, working out, cooking/eating healthy meals, reading, baking/decorating cookies and avoiding the urge to buy new fabric. Guess I'd better find my oomph and fast!
Praise - for the beautiful snow we are getting and for a warm home that we have and capable vehicles to get around in the snow.
Prayers - for safety on the roads in the winter snowstorms.



My oomph comes and goes - being accountable with the Christmas club is the only reason I'm getting anything done, otherwise I'd be checking out books from the library and SITTING. I think the Little Birdy would be gorgeous in Dream On, and you reminded me of my vintage sheets I have on hand - maybe I'll use some of those for it! There's no way I'm buying fabric this year.
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention - I'm praying and praising! Send some snow our way, please??? We have a serious deficit.
ReplyDeleteQuilts are like old friends; they wait for you to find time to spend with them........
ReplyDeleteI want to take that pink quilt home with me... hurry and finish it!!!!!! I love your goals. I like that you lean on yur faith. Wealth comes and goes, but your faith never leaves you.... Happy Friday.
ReplyDeleteIt's easy to jump on the swap/challenge bandwagons. Your quilts a pretty. I hope you reach the finish line.
ReplyDeleteI love the quilts! Good luck with your goals!
ReplyDeleteI lost my oomph after the holidays, but it is slowly returning. Don't rush it... all in good time. I love your quilt tops!
ReplyDeleteHezké...
ReplyDelete