As it happened College Girl likes the dress and I told her I could try to get it made and shipped off to her so that she could wear it for Easter. She liked that idea and I proceeded to send her some images of fabric. Well I sent an image of the orange poppy by Laura Gunn and told her that it also came in aqua and bright pink. Well she doesn't like orange so much but when I sent her an image of the aqua finally she decided that was IT! Oh bother, because then I couldn't find that fabric anywhere for a decent price. I knew that I had some in my stash but thought it was only enough to make a purse. I went rummaging. I found TWO pieces and together they were exactly enough for the dress!!!

I also had the perfect zipper and thread already. There was not quite enough of the Kona solid that I wanted to use for the lining but I think this darker one will be great. Fabric and zipper have been run through the washer and dryer and ironed and I have it almost all cut out now. Just have the skirt to go as I was waiting to get a measurement from College Girl.
The most difficult part of this is the fact that College Girl can't try it on along the way. I need to get it all sewn together and then sent to her. I truly believe that God orchestrates my days and He has gotten me through this far - getting me to the blog with the sew-along and providing just the right amount of the perfect fabric. I'll be praying while I sew that He will get me through a side zipper application and the perfect fit for College Girl when it arrives on her doorstep.
Praise - that College Girl likes her teaching methods classes for her final quarter of this school year and she now remember why it is she wanted to be a teacher in the first place.
Prayers - for safe travels. Hubby and I are headed east tomorrow to visit College Boy at school and spend some time with some dear friends. We'll be headed back home on Saturday. Snow in the forecast.

I love that dress, it's definitely on my to-do pile! Beautiful fabric too. I've made many patterns by Carla Crim, and she is awesome! She literally walks you through every step so I'm sure a side zipper will be a breeze☺
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally agree with you about God directing our days, I've had many times where I've had just the right amount of fabric for something or been led to exactly where I needed to be☺
Have a great trip!
Awesome fabrics! I think the darker solid will work out just great! I hope it fits her like a glove. :-)
ReplyDeleteyeah! I love the fabric :) cannot wait to try it on!
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have such a great time this weekend.
Love,
College Girl
Most of my sewing for my daughter is by faith! It will be just fine-beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the dress, and the fabric is just PERFECT! I hope it fits her perfectly as well. Praising and praying - NO SNOW!
ReplyDelete