Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finished and gone

I finished the quilt just in the nick of time, Thursday afternoon. I was sweating it there for awhile because I figured I was going to have to get to town, wash and dry the quilt at the laundromat and get back home in time to fix dinner for everyone. Fortunately the quilt fit in my washing machine (kicking myself for NOT getting a front loader)and then I put it in the dryer with a pillowcase with tennis balls tied inside.


Pictures didn't turn out great, funky lighting choices and all.

Colleg Girl drove off at nine a.m. on Friday for a six hour drive.She wasn't able to move in until today but I'll bet that the quilt is probably on her bed by now.

This is my entry for;
Celebrate Color

I think this fall has all the colors of fall - golds, oranges, browns, rusts and turquoise for the sky.

Praise - College Girl made it safely to school after a lonesome, long drive.

Prayers - For College Girl's senior year, she'll hit the ground running Monday with reading and an essay due before classes even start. For College Boy's busy week and making time for all he needs to do.

13 comments:

  1. Just a gorgeous Fandango quilt CJ! Lucky College Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that quilt! I'm glad your college girl has a little piece of home love with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is wonderful and I am sure will fill her room with love from home every day. As to the washer, I really don't like my fromt loader much. Of course my is a few years old but it does not have the ability to fill up and let you soak things in it and then take them out for a peek. It also is not possible to open the door after you start a load to throw in that sock that dropped out of the basket on the way down the hall. My front loading dryer on the other hand is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt - really love the pattern and the colours are very pretty - I am sure it will keep College Girl snug and warm while she studies and rests - and colours of fall - you lucky thing - I loved fall when I lived in Connecticut - I can just imagine the leaves, sigh, and soon the pumpkins will start to appear in the store - we don't have orange pumpkins in Oz. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I love your color choices. I will remember your prayer requests this week. I also have a college boy and college girl. Thank heaven for praying mothers all around! I hope you have a week full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DD's quilt turned out just beautiful! Seeing yours is making me wanna get started on one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, found your blog thru FNSI.. LOVE this quilt! I have always loved stars. What a great way to send your daughter off.. with something made with love. :) Hope you don't mind another follower for your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just too gorgeous - I know she's loving it! Praising and praying, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I love those stars, especially having them white and the rest scrappy. Thank-you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! So lovely in every way. Such a great accomplishment and something that will be great joy! :)

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS