Saturday, September 17, 2011

Progress report

Well I can call my FNSI a success! This is what I accomplished;


Yes, I know it is a bad picture. The lighting is pretty low in this room, the lights and flash made it look worse. Soon I can be finished, take it outside and have someone tall hold it up for me. Stay tuned.

I have the first borders cut out. I need to sew them together and then sew them to the quilt and then get my outer border strips cut. I would say that I usually cut everything before I get started but this time I just wanted to SEW, so I cut the bare essentials and got to work. I actually like doing it this way as it breaks it all up a bit so nothing gets monotonous.

I know that I said I liked ALL the fabrics in this line but if I HAD to choose one favorite this would be it;


College Girl is still six hours away (spending some time with College Boy this morning) so I can get quite a bit done if I just get to work. Off I go.

Praise - for cooler temperatures for the house building work party that hubby is taking part in today. I hope they are all safe and make a lot of progress.

Prayers - for College Girl and her boyfriend's (hmmmm, I need a 'name' for him)safe travel back home today.

9 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty quilt - it is going to look gorgeous once it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! You are moving right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang - you got so much done!! It's beautiful! Praising and praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fabrics you've chosen for this quilt. It's going to be beautiful when it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous!!!!!! I'm in love with star blocks. This might have to be a future project:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should go check out littlebitfunky.com! If I'm counting correctly you just won a very fab prize!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Success indeed! Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS