Monday, June 30, 2008

A WONDERFUL Day in Blogland!

You know, I am just thrilled to log onto my blog and see that I have received some comments. Can you even imagine how thrilled I was today to see not only comments but a comment from Nanette at Freda's Hive saying that she had awarded 3 Arte y Pico Awards for Blog Excellence and that my blog was the recipient of one of them!! HOW COOL IS THAT??? Pretty cool I think! Here is the award:




Here are the rules that go along with the Arte Y Pico award :

1) Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog.

5) To show these rules.


Picking 5 blogs to award this to is TOUGH! I mean I have dozens of blogs that I love to visit every day, Freda's Hive being one of them. Let's see.

1. Des and Corrie at Taffy Talk deserve this award. I MUST visit their blog every day.

2. Kayla Aimee at Tongue in Chic Journalings. She is creative and sweet and such a hoot! If you need a good laugh, go read Kayla Aimee's adventures.

3. Anne at Bunny Tales deserves this award too. Such a lovely blog.

4. Sandi at Portabellopixie is my next choice. She could get this JUST for her beautiful fabrics but her blog is such a nice place too.

5. last, but by no means least, Kelli at kellicrowe . This may have been one of the first blogs that I read on a regular basis. She is artistic, creative and she cracks me up!

Whew! Maybe the toughest thing I have done all day.

The good bloggin' news doesn't stop there. Oh no it doesn't! I got an email from Kristin at Sew,Mama, Sew! telling me that I was one of three winners of the Free Fabric Friday drawing! Yeah!!! Oh, this is even tougher than choosing 5 blogs to receive and award! Now I have to choose one yard of fabric to be sent to me. Not an easy task at all.

I think that is enough excitement for one day.

Prayers for today; My friend on the mission trip to Mexico is supposed to return tomorrow but someone broke into their van and stole SIX of their passports! My friend and her two children have their passports but are missing a backpack now. Praying that photocopies (that they do have) and a police report will give them access back into the U.S.of A. Prayers also being said for my pal PINK as she goes in for a root canal tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you CJ. I love winning things. You're off and running in the blog world now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your award!!! Thank you for the prayers too. I really appreciate it. I'm headed out the door. I'm thinking of your mission trip friends, and I sure hope they can get that worked out. What a frustrating situation to be in. Happy jam making!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS