The day that I never really thought would arrive. The day when my oldest, my daughter, leaves home. We will all drive to the big city today, spend the night with friends and then move her into her dorm room tomorrow. I had trouble sleeping last night. Her life was flashing before my eyes, running through my mind. Little images of her through the years. I couldn't turn it off. Sweet memories.
She is a beautiful, Godly, young lady. I know that HE loves her even more than I do. I know that she belongs to HIM. But, but, but this day arrived too quickly! I can't even write this without getting teary eyed. I am going to be a wreck on Friday afternoon when we finally say our good-byes. I am already looking forward to early November when we go see her for her birthday, and then Thanksgiving when she will be home. Not long after that, just a couple of weeks and it will be time for Christmas break.
I am so thankful the technology that we have today. The dorm doesn't have one phone in the hall to be used by dozens of girls. My daughter has a cell phone and she can call or text and she can take pictures! She can contact us via messenger and email and even with Facebook. She has a webcam on her computer so that we can see her lovely face. Using some of that technology my daughter has already gotten to know her roommate.
The suburban is packed to the gills. I am not sure what we would have done if we had just a car. I sure hope there is room for everything she is taking. Well I guess we will just bring the overflow home. To her almost empty room. :(
She is ready and excited. A new chapter in the story of her life. I'm excited for her. It is going to be a great adventure.
I will post some pictures when we get back home.
Praying for safe travel today. That we would show each other love and patience as we get my daughter all moved in. Prayers for the adjustments that need to be made - those that my daughter has to make and those that my hubby, son and I need to make. Prayers being said for her school year. That she would do her best, have fun but most importantly honor God with her life. Praise to God for giving my daughter the skills and talents that HE did. That we are able to send her to the college of her choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dang, you're making me cry!!!! What beautiful prayers you are offering. My son will leave in a very short year so this is all too tender for me, as well. I'll love to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteMine have all gone now but I remember the lost feeling when my oldest 2 left within weeks of each other (marriage for one and the Air Force for the other) The Lord sustains us.....you have been preparing for this moment her whole life-revel in every aspect of this occasion.
ReplyDeleteIts bitter sweet isn't it. You hate to see this time come but you are excited to see them move on. I think the hardest part is knowing the problems and issues they will have to deal with in their lives as adults. And opening the door to let that happen. Of course there are blessings too.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me teary too! But I smile so much too at the wonderful adventure ahead for her. I know it will be a great chapter in her life, with new friends and memories to cherish for the rest of her life. It will be weird I'm sure those first few days/weeks at home without her, but thankfully there is all that technology and you will be able to be in contact with her via messenger/text each day or at least throughout the week at some points! I too cannot wait to see the pictures that tell the story of move in!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you and I love technology it keeps us closer than close how blessed we are..Jennifer
ReplyDeleteI know she'll do great. And it's a fact--- it's just as hard on Moms letting go... We'll say extra prayers, I think the toughest part is not being able to 'rescue' her at a split second, but that's all part of growing up. Can't wait to see the pics.
ReplyDeleteI hope all went well this past weekend. Here's sending hugs your way.
ReplyDelete