Sunday, June 21, 2009

On the level now

With all my blocks sewed into rows and my rows sewed into the quilt top I told hubby that he could have at the sewing table and he got right to work! Measuring and masking off the area;

Hole cut and building the shelf to support the machine;

Looks like he's might be doing an oil change here or some fine tuning of the machine shelf.

All ready to go!


I'm so excited that it is done! Hubby actually wants to build up the machine shelf area so that I can use the plastic 'table' that came with the machine. It would then sit right on top of the table and I wouldn't have the small space in front of and behind the arm. The cut out area has a base built to it so that when I want the machine up on top of the table I just plop it back into the hole and I have a smooth table surface once again. SWEET! It is so nice having a handy hubby, he has built quite a few things for me over the years (including the 8' long sewing table that he is modifying).

I must get to bed! I need to be at the church for VBS registration by 8:30. I can hardly wait to get home and get my quilt 'sandwiched'.

Praise - that hubby IS handy and capable to make repairs, build things from scratch and maintain items around our place. That he had a great Father's Day just hanging out with the family.

Prayers - again for hubby's job interview Monday morning, for college girl's first day on her new job, for my son to be comfortable playing guitar for the VBS song time and that he would be safe when he goes to cut firewood.

11 comments:

  1. The sewing table looks beautiful! How nice to have a handy hubby. He's on my prayer list for today; please keep us all posted.

    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you-give your husband a collective 'high five' for all of us! Hope the job interview goes well...and your VBS registration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he did a great job! Know you will enjoy how your machine sits into the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic - you must be so excited to start working on it. Have fun at VBS registration, ours is not until August so I have lots of time to work on my quilt - the fabric came in the mail today and I am pumped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh....a handy hubby. *sigh* mine's handy....but i'm afraid he's not THAT handy. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky you are, can you send him to my house to do the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that will be so nice for your sewing machine to be at tabletop level. how nice of your hubby to fix that up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay,for you! I know you will enjoy this new sewing arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great having hubby's who can do these kinds of things when needed!!!!!! He did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS