Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Adding to my list

Okay, so I dream big. Is that a crime? Isn't that better than underestimating what you can accomplish?? I don't know either. I'm just saying there are more projects I would love to get done this month and so I am going to list them. This is all in the name of the Charming Chatter Charming Girls' Quilt Club. So I get points if I get these items finished and if I dont' get them finished, well I can add them to my August list.



I have this fabric already,Rebel Roses by Anka's Treasures for Henry Glass. College girl picked it out for a skirt.Since I have already made this skirt (pattern cut out,size is correct and ease of use known) then it should be fairly simple to get this done (in theory anyway).



This project I came across last night when I was looking through my pictures for something else.



Thimble Blossoms "A Piece of Cake" quilt. Blocks done. What I need to do is finish the quilt top. I have all the fabric for it. I don't have the money to get the batting or the backing right now but I can get the top done! The next time JoAnn's has a sale on Warm & Natural or a 50% off coupon I can get that part taken care of. I think I want to back this with brown Minkee so I will keep an eye open for that on sale somewhere.

GUESS WHAT!?? This is my 100th post!! I can hardly believe it. I would love to have a giveaway this month - my blogiversary was the end of June, now my 100th post AND this IS my birthday month. Let me see what I can come up with. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Praise - for the great time of study and fellowship that we have been having with 6-8 youth from the church. It is so encouraging to see these young adults that desire to know God better and to be seeking to please Him with their lives.

Prayers - hubby's hours have been cut due to a slow down. More than anything I pray for hubby to rely on the Lord, to be faithful and to not grow anxious.

15 comments:

  1. The roses fabric is gorgeous and so is the skirt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post, your blogiversary AND your birthday!! Woo-hoo it is going to be a good month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 already!?!? no way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun projects!!
    I know, i can't believe it's 100 already either, college girl!!

    and to think of your humble beginnings as CJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top is beautiful-I love their fabric line! It will be satisfying to get it done! Hope the job situation turns around quickly-may the Lord sell the house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-Day and Congrats on your 100th post! I think it's best to dream big! Can't wait to see that skirt and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I'm glad I found you and that we can be Charming Girls together. Minke would be beautiful on the back of that quilt!

    Congrats on 100 posts. I'm almost there myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabric and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and wow! for your 100th post...for someone new to blogging that is amazing.
    I love your fabric and Your SKIRT...wow!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished projects.
    Enjoying sewing with you in the Charming Girls Club...
    Joan♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday CJ! Congratulations on your 100th posting! I love your fabric choices. Nothing wrong with dreaming. Saying a prayer for you and yours.
    Happy Stitches,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I love your Blossom layer cake project!!

    Love the skirt pattern too!

    Good luck on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you and glad that you are also doing the quilt club!

    Looks like we have the same taste in fabric. I also have some Rebel Rose fabric and I love Cotton Blossom!

    Happy 100th!

    Prayers to you and your family! Looks we are all going through some tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    Thanks for the note on my blog. It is not that i am very fast on my first UFO. I just had to sew on the borders. It seems i have a bunch of projects where i would get behind or stop at the borders. That is what my next one is. It is a medialion with borders. I just have to sew on 4 more borders. Which I hate.
    By the way.. Congrats on all your happy celebrations. I love roses.. Happy Sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be one cute quilt top! I love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS