Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August TO DO LIST

I really liked being pushed to get some things done in July by the Charming Girls Quilt Club. I didn't finish everything I set out to though.

Part of that was not my fault - if there is no Warm & White to be found what's a girl to do?

So once again on my list (and I am already working on it!), this pattern

to be made up in this Rebel Roses fabric by Henry Glass;


Warm & White has been obtained so back on the list is this quilt - top is done so now I need to make the quilt sandwich, stipple and bind. This is made with my leftovers from the Old Red Barn Quilt-Along Quilt.

Which brings me to the Old Red Barn Quilt-Along Quilt; needs the edges trimmed and binding made and attached. I was waiting for the above quilt to be at the point where I could measure and then make the binding for both quilts at the same time.


Adding to the list is a dress,for college girl, made out of this fabric, Pink Pareo by Alexander Henry. I am using Simplicity 2616, view A, but shorter than that.


I can't wait to see what everyone else is going to be working on this month!

Praise - I have been HOME ALONE! basically since the 31st. All is going well so far.

Prayers - That everything on the home front would continue to go well but more importantly that the rest of my family and our friends would be safe on their river rafting trip.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing well on your own-the plans for these projects look great-love the quilt! I have a sewing project on the top of the pile but I keep ignoring it-what is the matter with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great projects!!! I love love love that pink pareo fabric! Glad everything is going well, and I will be praying it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun projects. Can't wait to see the dress, skirt, and the finished quilt. You sew, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects. I can't wait to see the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have quite a To Do List there. Can't wait to see those quilts finished, as well as the other projects. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects! The skirt will be darling made out of Rebel Roses and the dress for your DD? Can't wait to see a pic of that finished as well. Three cheers go to Old Red Barn Quilt-Alongs, I can't wait to see your 2 quilts finished so I can have a better look at your gorgeous fabrics :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Rebel Roses fabric, can't wait to see your done projects!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS