
Gemco. Anyone heard of Gemco? I'm going to guess that Des and Corrie have. Gemco was a membership store in southern CA in the 70's. See what a nice discount they gave me? The zipper was .45 to begin with but at GEMCO you only had to pay .36. Plus tax. Of course. THIRTY SIX cents for a zipper! I am pretty sure that you can't buy zippers for .36 now. Well maybe at the second hand store.
Even more unbelievable than a thirty six cent zipper...are you sitting down??
I USED IT!! uh huh, I installed a zipper! This was such a big deal that I had a 'reveal' for my hubby and son. I told my son he might want to sit down ahead of time. I mean to tell you, that boy is almost 6'7" and that is a lot of boy to fall over and I didn't want that on my hands. Let's just say they were impressed. VERY impressed.
Following are many pictures of said zipper, for your viewing pleasure. Please enjoy.


'borrowed' hubby's credit cards for this picture ;)
I can hardly wait to see what college girl has to say about this!Finally, the outside view. Sadly you can't see the zipper from here. This is to go with my new purse. Verna fabric by Kate Spain for Moda and some Amy Butler Lotus Dots.
KOIN KEEPER pattern by This & That. Instructions were easy to follow. Hardest part of the entire wallet was turning it right side out. Yes, that was harder than installing the zipper. I will be making more of these (have you SEEN the pile of zippers that I have???).
Praise - for the Godly men of our church and their willingness to lead.
Prayers - for those same men, for their faith and commitment to the Lord to stay strong.

good job on the zipper! i just love the colors you used!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Love the little keeper.
ReplyDeleteWell look at you, just going to town on those zippers. Yes!! Gemco!!! Memories!
ReplyDeleteI am SOOOO jealous and impressed at the same time! When you coming over to give me a lesson???
ReplyDeleteWOW! A zipper and all those compartments? Quite impressive! If I had a wallet this cute, I think those credit cards would get too much of a workout! Really nice job!!
ReplyDeleteAwesomeness !
ReplyDeleteThat is one RAD wallet !
I am SO IMPRESSED!!!!! You did a great job - that's the cutest wallet I've ever seen, I'm going to have to get the pattern. You did GREAT!
ReplyDeleteExcellent sewing-love the coin purse with the retro zipper!
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice job!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute. And isn't it great you had that zipper! And it looks so professionally sewn. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteLove that you used the zipper. I would too. What a nice stash of zippers for future projects. Good job on the purse.
ReplyDeleteYou have conquered Zipper Phobia! Now, can I send you any of my projects that require zippers? I'm still phobic.
ReplyDeletek so i got online, cuz i finally finished one paper and thought i deserved a little break :)
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO AWESOME!!! you used a zipper!!!!! the possibilities are endless now...! ;)
I love this wallet so much!!! If you wanted to make me one, I would not object :D
~College Girl
That is darling. I'm very impressed by the zipper. I've never put a zipper an anything, that is without my mom talking me through the entire process.
ReplyDeleteYou did an excellent job installing that zipper! Your wallet is very nice!
ReplyDeleteOh I remember Gemco...I have a set of Christmas dishes from my mom that she bought out when they went out of business! We also had a Fedmart and Fedco....all gone now :( I love your little wallet, you did an awesome job!! And the fabric is adorable :)
ReplyDelete