Here is my entry for Amy's Quilt Festival, found at;
http://amyscreativeside.com/2010/10/29/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2010/
I named this quilt Nicey Jane Goes to College. This was College Girl's junior year quilt. She asked me to make this one full sized. That was a LOT of fabric to deal with and lots of weight to move around for the stippling done in the center portion. The borders were done with straight lines which then intersected at the corners in a grid pattern.

By the time I got the quilt finished, washed and dried I wanted to get a picture and pack it up and send it off with hubby in the morning. The light was AWFUL for taking pictures by the time hubby got home to hold it up for me. So much yellower in the photo. Soooooooooooooooo, it is what it is.
I'm going to visit College Girl this weekend and see her first apartment! I'll see if I can get better pictures of the quilt 'in action'. The pattern used was Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Design.
Praise - that I live in a country where we can enjoy the FREEDOM to vote!
Prayers - for my two children that are away at college as well as our other friends who are also away at school. For their protection, health, stamina and most importantly for their witness to those around them.

Beautiful quilt; have a great visit!
ReplyDeleteLove the colors! Very lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteHey there! Nicey quilt for a college girl!! I love that Nicey Jane.
ReplyDeleteLOL! It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love Nicey Jane fabric! Your quilt looks beautiful, college girl is one lucky girl.
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting SO LONG to see what you were doing with your Nicey Jane ! The fabric that you used for your border is so gorgeous, I'd love to find it on sale to put up with my charm squares and use for the back of whatever I finally use them for. Wow, a run-on sentence ending in a preposition. Bad, bad Dolly, but that's what Nicey Jane does to me ! Pretty, pretty quilt, and yes, do share more photos of it in use ! And , please blog more often, so I can be shorter-winded !
ReplyDeleteLOVELY! Yellow is my favourite colour.
ReplyDeleteLOL - well THERE you are! I love this quilt. Love the quilting too - and yes, it's hard to get in the middle on a big quilt! You did a wonderful job.
ReplyDeletePraying and praising with you!
Blog more often it will all come back to you :) I love that Nicey Jane quilt...so glad you posted a picture...lucky college girl to get it :)
ReplyDeleteAmen! Love the quilt, really enjoyed the praise and prayer!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
KT
Love that design and what a great gift for a college girl from her mom. I did a similar design for my college girl in purple. Her roommate came with her own purple quilt in the same kinds of material (batiks) from her grandmother!!! So fun!!
ReplyDeleteLoved having you here and getting to see my apartment!
ReplyDelete