Monday, November 9, 2009

Arcadia finished and more

I finished the binding on the Arcadia Scruffily Quilt last night!! We had some sunshine today so I was able to take some pictures of the quilt outside.



I backed this quilt with white Minkee dot. You can see a couple of the hearts that I quilted on some of the smallest squares.

Here is another finish - I sent the fabric/pattern image to Kelly in email so the surprise wouldn't be spoiled on these. Since I am trying so hard not to spend money on fabric right now I went through my stash and found this flannel I bought in October of 1992. Does that make it vintage?? I made these for hubby for his birthday. I can never just buy flannel jammie pants for my guys right off the rack. Hubby is 6'7" and my son is 6'6 1/2". The pants we find in the stores are more like capris on the two of them.


It feels good to have some items crossed off my list already!

Praise - many prayers were answered for Stellan.

Prayers - for college girl's birthday tomorrow. Her first to be celebrated away from family.

8 comments:

  1. Oh CJ....lovin' the Arcadia quilt. You've come a long way baby!!! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! beautiful job!!! you are chugging along!!! just imagine the goals you can set for 2010!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great accomplishments......love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your quilt turned out. I wondered if it was finished yet. I am going to try and finish mine today. I decided to do the blocks squares freehand instead of turning the quilt over and over...that was driving me nuts!

    The PJs look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your Arcadia Scruffy with Minky!! Whoever raps up in that will be happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful quilt! I love it! That husband I mentioned in the birthday post....married to my daughter is 6'6"....so again I know what you mean! He has a hard time the the sleep pants...I laugh at him cause he looks like a big kid in something that is too small for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful quilt - I bet it's cozy, too! I love the little hearts quilted into it. Just gorgeous!
    Those are some tall guys to stitch for! I can relate - my legs are always too long for anything but designer jeans, so I shop at thrift stores. I'm not about to pay designer prices, lol. I tried to make myself some jammies once, but got one leg put on inside out. I can't seem to do garments at all.

    Sorry your dd has to spend birthday away from home.....saying some prayers for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt! amazing colors.

    those pants are nice...do they fit him?

    College Girl

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS