Sunday, May 23, 2010

Anniversary Celebration

Each spring our church has a potluck picnic to celebrate the founding of the church. It seems to get earlier each year. Earlier in north Idaho usually means colder weather. There is some disagreement as to when the actual anniversary is. I wish they would agree on mid-June.

This is where the picnic was held today. You know how you can tell it is cold???




Have you figured it out??

Beautiful day.

Beautiful lake.

NO PEOPLE IN ANY OF THE PICTURES.

For the few minutes that the sun was not behind the clouds it was almost warm. Of course I had on a heavy fleece jacket. Many groups of people were huddled around the barbecues long after the food was cooked. Today was one of the warmer spring picnics we have had. At least it didn't rain and the scenery IS gorgeous.


Praise - for this wonderful country church where the pastor insists on teaching the truth from the Word. For the 'family' that is the church body.

Prayers - For the pastor and elders and deacons of this church, that they would continue to honor and glorify God with their lives and their teaching.

5 comments:

  1. The fellowship was warm even if the temps weren't! Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures...and Delighted Hands is so right. Fellowship with those gathered in the glory of the Lord warms the soul. I absolutely love your praise and prayer at the end of each post. I also watched your son's newest video and all I can say is AWESOME. I love the close up of the goggles at the very start! He really got some serious air time didn't he. Then ending with a spill and him jumping up in victory was the icing on the cake. Great work! I can't wait to hear from my grandson about what he thought of it. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs coming your way and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I also meant to tell you that here in Northern Utah the weather is still very wet, miserable and near freezing at night. My hubby planted our garden 10 days ago during the two moderately warm days we had...Then BANG, here comes the rain, wind, hail and sleet. Almost every day since it was planted *sigh* So far it is surviving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery is beautiful, what a shame it isn't held on a day everyone could enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scenery is so beautiful, I vote you move the picnic to a WARM day! I'm sitting here in shorts and a tank top [thankfully in my own house - I don't go out in public like this] and cannot for the life of me remember what it feels like to have a heavy fleece jacket on. Glad you had a lovely day, even if it was chilly!
    Praying for the leadership of your church, and thankful for them as they preach and teach the Word.

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS