Saturday, May 15, 2010

Modern Irish Chain

Inspired by this post at Cluck Cluck Sew. I got her pattern and then spent a couple of days this week working on it. It goes together so quickly and I just love it!

I think the longest part of the whole process was choosing the 18 fabric prints. I have trouble with that 'random' thing. I used some Amy Butler's Lotus, Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market, Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut, some of the Posh leftovers and a print from Tina Givens. I am debating the small white borders. Yes or No??

I am also working on another baby quilt using Natalia's tutorial. Mine is going to look very much like hers. I don't have any pictures yet but I have my four nine-patches done.

I KNEW that all these babies were on their way. What I don't know is why I've waited until they were born to start the quilts!! Insane! Not all of the mother's knew what they were having so there is a small excuse for my procrastination. Okay, off to sew some more!

***HEY! Come back Monday because I am participating in the;

that is going on over at Sew, Mama Sew!

Praise - My son is finished with high school!! 13 years of homeschooling and two semesters of college courses - FINISHED! Thanks be to God for his leading in that endeavor.

Prayers - For hubby and myself - we have nursery duty at church tomorrow and there are a LOT of little children now! That we would be patient and loving towards all of the children (and that they would be well behaved!).

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! I've been finishing up my son's records for this last year of school. Last year for the last one! woo-hoo, I get to retire !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! I think yes on a small border- but I like borders. I don't think it's procrastination if you don't know what the baby's going to be, I mean, you don't want pink in a boy quilt right? *G* Works for me.

    Congrats to your graduate! Praying for you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is a winner! Yes to the border-what do you think of swags in the border?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Modern Irish Chain turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your modern irish chain. I think the fabrics that you chose are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Thank you so much for showing me, I'm so glad it turned out good! I also didn't know whether to add the white borders, but in the end I did it so that the binding wouldn't cut off so much of those tiny squares and make them look more like rectangles. :) I love your colors, it is kind of hard to be random with the colors...I had to keep reminding myself to not create patterns with the colors. Anyways thanks for showing me!!! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, can't wait to make mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work. Excellent choice on fabrics

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is just beautiful. I'm just now venturing into the mode of using solid fabrics as my setting and random fabrics for the pattern. I've only been quilting for 2 years and started out with a couple of classes that said "Focus fabric and coordinating colors are the only way to choose" so I pretty much stuck with that until a few months ago when I fell in love with a quilt much like the one you show here! I realized the classes had only opened one door for me. There are sooooo many more to explore and I pray I'll have the time and stamina to try lots of them. Your new quilt makes me want to run down to my sewing area (well, not run exactly LOL, hard to do with a cane) but I want to dig into my white yardage and start chosing some fun brights to put together. Your quilt gave me the itch and I think I'll scratch it later this week if I can finish up what I'm working on now. Thanks for sharing AND for the inspiration to try something new!!!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS