Friday, May 21, 2010

Birdie Progress

As far as I'm concerned the Friday Night Sew-In hasn't even started yet but I got busy with the quilting of the Birdie 9 Patch Quilt.

Quilt sandwich;(very messy if I do say so myself. No clue why it looks so rumpled).


Stippling away;


I was pretty happy how the process was going today;


All done with the quilting!


THEN I realized I forgot all about putting the cute flower appliques on it. Oh well, not happening now. I'll get the edges trimmed and set this aside for tonight.

Choices for tonight - quilt the Modern Irish Chain or piece another baby quilt. I think I will do the baby quilt. I need a break after the stippling else I get sore shoulders. I'll take a picture of my fabric and post in a bit.

Sweet news!!! Hubby just called and said he isn't hungry for dinner as they had a big lunch at work during their moving process!! Happy dancing here, oh yeah. Let the Friday Night Sew-In begin! I'm going to tell my son he can fend for himself in the kitchen.

Praise - my morning and early afternoon of continuous interruptions for whatever reason ended and my quilting session went smoothly. I was getting pretty frustrated at all the delays in my day (in His time, I've got to remember that!)

Prayers - That College Girl would have a great time at the concert tonight and for safety there and back.

7 comments:

  1. Wow your stippling is awesome! You need to come teach me how to do that. This is darling! So glad you got to sew today and tonight. Praying for dd's safety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this quilt!

    made it home safe and sound. concert was amazing!

    College Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilt....I love the creative way that you used the disappearing 9 patch. Great food for thought as I'm planning out my next 9 patch quilts that I have planned for my sisters for Christmas gifts this year. I have the fabrics picked out and will be cutting them all out today. I know, I know, I'm getting an early start for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CJ, Have you considered adding the flowers now, either as raw edge or turned under, quilting them on? This is a very cute quilt. I like the way you set the disappearing nine patch. Take care and God bless, Cory (another CJ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Fabulous, even without the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and stippling-perfect complement to each other! Save the applique for another quilt-it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty quilt. I super love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS