It was supposed to be raining today but it isn't! Such a beautiful day, blue skies, big puffy white clouds,sunshine and a little breeze. Of course it was only in the high 40's when I first got up and not a whole lot warmer now.
I'm pretty happy with my progress from the sew-in. Here is the completed quilt top;

It does look a little washed out but the colors are very light and it is full sunshine out there.
I was pretty tired and ready for bed but I decided to press on and get the bindings made for the Birdie quilt (little blue flowers) as well as the Sleepytime quilt (orange stripe-matches the striped stockings of one of the characters in the print).

I realize this shot is not great but I LOVE that view. I hope to be sitting right there sometime this summer actually sewing on bindings.

These bindings however will be sewn on to the fronts this week and then be all ready for me to take in the car on Thursday. Long road trips are a perfect time for doing this work I've found. I also need to get a binding ready for the Modern Irish Chain.
Sleepytime is all spraybasted and ready to be quilted but I have another project that I want to work on today while the guys are away. ;)
More on that later!
Have a great day! I'm going to get busy on my project!
Praise - for this beautiful day and the beautiful place God has created for us to live.
Prayers - for safety on the road for my hubby and my son.

The quilt is sooo sweet! Love the bindings too, especially the stripes, you know how I love stripes!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for today :)
Just as lovely as we imagined. Love the view-glad you find the car a great place to do hand work-it sure makes good use of the time!
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely - and your bindings are too! I love stripey bindings.
ReplyDeleteYour view is awesome....my gosh. Praising and praying!
Thanks for sharing your milestones. Those definitely are your milestone, too! I love the orange stiped binding, by the way. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteCute quilt! Love the binding too!
ReplyDelete