I'm just going to count it all as practice. It was either that or break all the cookies and eat them. I wanted to make cookies for my niece who is turning 21 on Wednesday. Well I made them and sent them but they are definitely not what I was hoping for. I just could NOT get the icing to cooperate. Each time I have made cookies now the icing has been different. You'd think I would be getting better at it but that isn't happening yet. Sort of keeping it real here. Just sort of. I'm not showing you the full assortment because I was so unhappy with them.

I would love to be able to do the fancy lace work with the royal icing so I practiced a bit.

I had some sunshine streaming into my sewing room window so I thought I would try a better picture of the Bliss baby quilt.

Praise - Praise, Praise, Praise! My friend from church who was diagnosed with bone cancer heard from her doctor today that they believe she is going to go into remission much sooner than expected!!!!
Prayers - for my friend, that she is much more optimistic now. Prayers for the treatments that she still has to endure.
Wow! and good news too. What a great day.
ReplyDeleteWell the ones you're showing are lovely - I'd like to help you eat them, lol! Praising and praying for your friend!
ReplyDeleteThese cookies look beautiful but I know what you mean...I can make something wonderful one time and the next time it is a flop. This is why I like the sewing room better then the kitchen-I am consistent in fabric rather than sugar/flour!
ReplyDeleteCUTE CUTE CUTE!
ReplyDeleteGod is good!
so wierd that your frosting is diff every time. they look very cute though!
ReplyDeletei'm no exert, but that icing looks good enough. good enough to eat, at least. =) practice, practice.
ReplyDeletesaw your darling ruffled pillow on pillow party. very cute!
The cookies look beautiful to me! Hopefully you will get the frosting just the way you like each time you make it.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous quilt!
Well, they look good enough to eat. Cute!
ReplyDelete