Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thank you Benjamin Franklin

Most of all for standing out in a thunderstorm and flying a kite. I love me some electricity. Blow dryers, curling irons, heaters, air-conditioners, sewing machines - all of my essentials, powered by electricity.

I don't know how that same guy figured out that a free public library would be a good idea. It doesn't even seem the sort of thing an inventor would come up with. Maybe he wanted to read what others had found out while they were flying kites in thunderstorms. Just look what I got from our little podunk library in the last two weeks;




The Modern Quilt Workshop and Simplify were brought in by my request. I like to help the library stock their shelves. Now I know for sure I am going to get my own copy of Simplify, it is just beautiful and I can see myself making many of the projects. I haven't looked at the other books in depth yet.

These books are just a small sampling of what's available under quilting or sewing. Have you checked your library for these titles? Maybe you could request that they get them. I like to think about all the people who will benefit from just one book. Our podunk library has an online catalog where I can create lists of books I want to read at some point or put books on hold. They just send me an email and let me know when they are ready to be picked up. When I lived in Washington, at one point in time they would even mail the books right to your house!

A book to borrow and the light to read it by brought to you by Benjamin Franklin. What a guy.

Praise - Joanne's progress! Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!

Prayers - Praying BIG for Joanne's complete healing and restoration!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great selection of quilting books. My podunk library has several books from 70's and one from 90's....the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed checking quilting books out from the library. But in recent years, our selection has dwindled and the titles are very old. It's been sad to see the lack of new books available to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our podunk library has SO many quilting books, don't you love it! I love being able to put them on hold, order them from bigger libraries, especially since I can't afford every book I want. Thank you Ben!
    Praising and praying for Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection of books. Libraries are a great thing! Our local library collection is a bit lacking, but we can order in books from about 8 other libraries, so it's pretty terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but he didn't stop here, he also had to think up Daylight Savings time. Good for farmers and Riley Poole's ego, but not so relevant any more :)

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS