This is for an apron for a friend. She picked the fabric out way back in...huh. I don't even remember when it was. Earlier this year. She asked that I make her an apron for her birthday. Her birthday was last week. Well, I won't see her in person again until last September. She does love for her birthday to be an ongoing event. I could always mail it to her. I wonder if she even remembers the fabric. She may be over the pink/brown combo. I was really surprised when she picked this out. I figured her for a blue/white/yellow combo or maybe a periwinkle/green combo. Go figure.

Then there is this popular Amy Butler fabric. The same I used in the purse that I made for my daughter. A different friend saw the picture I posted of the purse and she wondered if I would make one for her. I had enough of the dot and was able to get what I needed of the floral pretty quick. The purse did go together so nicely. Quickly too. How could I say no?? It is all cut out.

I did finish entering grades today. Almost. Well I got as far as I could get. My son has to give me three papers for grading and then finish the last chapter and take a test. Those scores will take mere minutes to grade and enter and then I push a button for the reports. The ball is in his court now. I feel a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders and feel that I can sew guilt free now. As a matter of fact I am going to spend the better part of Thursday doing just that. I am anxious to try my hand at free motion quilting but I am going to work on these two projects first. It will be my reward.
Praise! My son attended his first day of college classes today. English and Speech. He even said he liked them! It is only day 3 of the new school year but he has a great attitude and is staying the course. Prayers that he would just continue to set his priorities and stick by them, see the big picture ahead of him.

I was never really a pink person, but I do love pink and brown together. And blue and brown too. Have fun sewing and let's see those projects! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI started loving pink and brown after I made a quilt for my youngest for college. I really love the fabrics in the 1st pic. Betweeen her quilt and making a bag for the oldest DD, I find myself drawn to brown fabrics!!! It's so hard, I keep wanting to get browns with pinks or blues. Since the fall fabrics came out, am really drawn to them. I think your tastes change as time goes on.
ReplyDeleteKC
I like to do that too- reward my good behavior with sewing. Love pink and brown. It was my daughter's wedding colors.
ReplyDelete