Finally - the
Minkee 1 project that I posted about
here arrived at its destination. It seemed to take
FORever to get there. Now my friend usually rips her packages open right there on the front porch while I possess more restraint. Yesterday she was taunting me. She ate some lunch while chatting with me on messenger. Then she decided to have some ice cream. She didn't know that I could out wait her. Oh sure I was anxious for her to open the package but I KNEW that she could not outlast me. I KNEW that it would get the best of her - eventually. And it did. After we chatted some more she said "Don't you want me to open the package?"
Hehehehe :D I said, "whenever you get around to it is good for me". I figured that would get to her. When she finally got through all the packing tape, this is what she found;

It is a throw for her
scraproom couch. That is the color scheme of her
scraproom. Pink walls, black furniture. If she would ever get the curtains done they would be Sis Boom Bell Bottoms Damask and Stripe in black and white.
That is the first time I have used
Minkee and
mmmmmmmmmmm it is so luxurious! I plan to use some for the backing of a quilt in the near future. Maybe the one I make using
Moda's Cotton Blossom.
A nice Sunday afternoon here but once again it is way too cool to be at the lake. I think I am going to SEW!!!
Prayers - for all of the people in the path of Gustav, and those left in its wake. I have been watching the progress of the storm with a heavy heart. To see there is another one developing right behind this one...ugh. Praying!!
That is so pretty! I hsven't sewn any minkee yet but I have fondled it in the store, I am now really want to buy some esp that pink, I have a friend who is having a baby girl in December, I think the baby needs a pink minkee. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteEllena
congrats for marking one off the list. that's a very nice & beautiful present to receive.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, love the pink and black. I haven't sewn minkee either, but you girls are making me want too!
ReplyDelete