I stayed up late last night and then when I did go to bed I couldn't get to sleep. Oh I hate that. My plan was to get up and get to the Farmer's Market when they opened at 9 and go to grocery store and back home before it got too hot. Well I didn't get to sleep until sometime after 3:30 and when I rolled over and saw the clock at 7:15 I said 'NO WAY!' I rolled over and went back to sleep. I got up at 9, took my time showering and dressing, eating breakfast, reading emails. Just dinking around. I left the house at noon. I didn't beat the heat. First stop WM for a new fan for the bedroom (the lightning messed up the one we have - it will only go on timer mode and it is now very noisy). There were too many choices so that took way too long. Come to find out the one I chose is noisy. :( It will go back. Then off to the library to pick up a hold - a book on machine quilting. Then to the craft store to get some stabilizer and some - hmmmmm - I don't know what it is called - the pellon like stuff to iron an applique to a piece of fabric. I have an idea brewing. I visited with the gal that works in the fabric department. She was just starting a new fall apron. She gets to SEW AT WORK! I want that job! I mean, if I had to get a job that would be a good one to have. She is lots of fun and is very helpful. I need a solid red for a project but I didn't take the print fabric I am trying to match. Dumb. Red is tough. Oh well, good excuse to return another day.
Then I went to the local quilt store. It is quilt, knitting, beading. I haven't gone there much since they opened but the last few times I have decided to stop by they have had some things that I really like. It is so nice to see the fabrics in person and touch them. To see if I like them as much as I did when I saw them online. Look what they had today!!!

It is just as nice in person. Just as colorful and it makes my heart beat just a little bit faster. I know some of you know what I am talking about too. They didn't have the entire line and they didn't have all the pieces that I wanted. I think that Quilt Taffy has one of the other prints that I want from the line. I also want Ava Rose RED with a white dot. That has been hard to come by.
I walked down another aisle and found a good portion of the fabric for this;

That is the Galveston quilt from Andover fabrics. The picture is from Cherry House Quilts blog. Andover is not making it easy to find the fabric. I even contacted them but they never answered. Julie Comstock and Lindsay Moore of Cosmo Cricket have been VERY helpful though. I realize that small shops can't order in an entire line but man...I sure do wish I could find the rest of these prints. I guess that the hunt is part of the thrill?? It is brand new, so maybe I just need to wait a bit for it to start hitting the shelves.
I also chatted quite a bit with the two ladies working at the LQS. They were very nice and helpful and they were definitely kindred spirits when it comes to fabric love.
So no sewing today like I originally planned. But it was really too hot to be in my sewing room anyway - broken, noisy fan and all. The temperature here at 6pm was 95 degrees. Instead I will dream of these new fabrics and how I am going to use them.
Praises - hubby has worked so hard to get things back to normal here after the lightning storm. It is such a blessing to be married to a jack-of-all-trades. He and my son went backpacking yesterday afternoon until late today. My daughter and I had an UNeventful night at home. BIG PRAISE! :D

Plan B is sometimes better....happy quilting!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful day afterall. Isn't life just like that! And I hate when I can't sleep at night. I had one of those last night. It didn't help that it was hot and the dog insisted on sleeping at my side. Oh well.
ReplyDelete