The only Charming Girls Quilt Club project that I finished completely for August was the skirt for the college girl. It was a lazy month for me.
I did go through my stash and made up two bundles of love to send to Iraq. My hubby had to hold the one box closed so that I could tape it. If these were not being sent priority mail to an APO/FPO the boxes would have cost $26 and $34! The special rate for the flat rate priority for military addresses is $11.95, so much better. There is still time to get a package off if you haven't done so yet. Here is the link for Iraqi Bundles of Love, even if you aren't participating you should go look at what is going on there and see the bundles that have arrived!

I finally got my Stacked Coins quilt stippled. This took awhile because I backed this with white Minky and that required LOTS of pinning. I was advised that spray adhesive would not hold the Minky. I ran out of pins and had to begin the stippling and then use those pins to finish up the quilt. I have to say though that I LOVE having the Minky on the back, it feels so nice. I didn't have any problems stippling it although having to remove pins makes the whole process so much slower.

Then I started to make the pieced binding for the Old Red Barn Quilt Along Quilt and the Stacked Coins quilt. Cutting all my strips down to 10" pieces and then chain stiching them. The ORB quilt needed about 9 yards of finished binding!

Here is one strip of binding all finished. I just love how it looks now and hope I am as happy with it once it is on the quilt.

I had to trim off all of these pieces from where I joined two different prints on the binding. There is NO WAY I would use such teeny pieces but I am sure someone out there would actually use them. The long side of each is approximately 3" and the short sides right about 2". First person in the USA that says they want these scraps can have them. Otherwise I will just toss them. Fabric is Michael Miller/Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom - almost all of the prints in the line.

So that's what I did in August. I'll be posting my list for September soon.
Praise - We've almost made it through another summer with no fire danger. That is such a blessing when we live surrounded by forests.
Prayers - I just got word that our friend that is back to school in IL is VERY sick. Prayers that it is NOT the Swine Flu, that she will have a full and swift recovery and that she doesn't get behind on her classes.

So good to see you back to blogging CJ. I'll take your scraps if you don't want them :-)
ReplyDeleteThey are YOURS! I do hope that you'll show me what you do with them. ;)
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks wonderful, as does the binding - I love pieced binding!!!! Praising that there's no fire danger, and praying for your friend!
ReplyDeleteNice post-I love the quilts and liked reading about Ibol-glad you avoided the fires so far, too!
ReplyDelete