Besides the Hello Kitty apron that I talked about in the previous post, my plan is to make an apron TODAY using this fabric;

I am going to use Jona's tutorial. This is for a friend that I pretty much only see at church and tomorrow is her birthday. Just noticed that the colors look really washed out. I took the photo outside without flash so I'm not sure what that is all about.
Then this black and white fabric is for an apron and potholder for MY neice. Her 20th birthday is in March. She saw this fabric in a JoAnn's ad and fell in love with it. I hope it is a big surprise since she never told me about it. She told her mom and her mom (my sister) told me.

I'm not sure which pattern I will use yet.
So the three aprons and MAYBE a Riley Blake fabric quilt top. We shall see. I'm hoping I can get more done but I would need my computer to be in the shop for that to happen. Off to rip and sew! Oh yeah, I have one more project that I will send the photo off to Joan or Kelly. Rock on, Charming Girls and Guys!
Praise - that my work from home job is going nicely.
Prayers - for my hubby. He is feeling the pressure lately of a car that broke down, a leak from upstairs through the celing of this room,and little time to fix things.

I WANT the fabric in that first photo!!! WOW is all I could think when I saw it, well, that and I have got to get me some of that!
ReplyDeleteThe black is really pretty too :)
Oh and prayers are going up :)
ReplyDeleteGreat goals ... Enjoy sewing with the lovely fabric!
ReplyDeleteabout time you stopped working and sewing. I mean sheesh....who cares about your job! you have all that purdy fabric! I like that black and white fabric. Might look into it at J's for curtains. Looks similar to what we were looking at online that time.
ReplyDeleteGreat fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the aprons when they're done.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects AND time to sew? Yay! Everything looks grand, love that b&w fabric! Praying and praising - your poor hubby!
ReplyDeleteI have always loved the blue/yellow combinations-it will be very elegant in an apron.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have a handy husband, I know. They are so busy and you don't want to take their free time. Prayers for time and understanding. Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteOh! I wanted to tell you that I too am making aprons and pot holders for birthday gifts this year. Love your fabric choices.
ReplyDelete