Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to the real world

Hubby and I;


spent 4 days at;

celebrating;

25 years to be exact!

The parks were decorated for Halloween and Fall;





The weather was ABSOLUTELY perfect! The week before the temperatures had been near 100. This week they are expecting lots of rain. While we were in southern California the temperatures were in the low to mid 70's. Sunshine and blue skies every day that we were in the parks.
We could see some of the rides in CA Adventure from our hotel room window and we could even watch the Disneyland fireworks from our room. We did watch the fireworks show in the park twice and it was SPECTACULAR! All Halloween themed and choreographed so well. Hubby made reservations for dinner in the Blue Bayou Restaurant for our Anniversary and that was so fun to be eating there (the food was good too!). We had such a great time together!

Saturday we woke to a heavy overcast sky and we headed off to spend time with some of hubby's family and see college girl! We all went to lunch together in Seal Beach and then got changed for the evening wedding of a niece. All of the attendants, and most of the guests were wearing a combination of black, red and white. The bride wore an all red gown - different for sure but it was beautiful. The cake was even red and black!
Sunday we went to brunch with family and friends that had come into town for the wedding and then we were off to the airport for the long trip home. A three hour layover in SLC and then a two hour drive home from the airport. We were beat when we got home after 12:30 a.m. We said hello and good-night to our son and went right to bed. It is always good to be home again and now I need to start to work on my October projects!

Praise - Safe travels for all of us! A wonderful time of fellowship with family and friends. God also kept my son safe and warm when the temperatures at home dropped below freezing. The man from church had his back surgery today (instead of tomorrow) and it was called a success!

Prayers - For a little boy at church that will be having endoscopy surgery first thing Tuesday morning. That God will be guiding the surgeon's hands and that the little boy will be brave and his parents would rest in God's hands.

10 comments:

  1. What a great trip! It is good to be home,tho, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look!! Now I could actually pass you in Sandpoint and know who you are!!!! You're darling, beautiful! And you and your hubby make a very handsome couple. Thanks for sharing these awesome pics. Wow, I've never looked that close at all the Halloween decor before. Hope to be following in your footsteps next year for my 25th!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip! My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th next March! Disneyland sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh happy anniversary!!!! I love it when I see people have been married for a long time. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Sorry my blog page looked like that for you, it must not have loaded properly. No changes were made, I checked and it's fine on my end! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are adorable! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time, it looks like a lot of fun. The wedding sounds lovely!
    Praying and praising with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU for sharing...feels like I'm there. Love all the decor shots. That is not how I pictured you, you're adorable. Congrats on your 25th! It looks like you had a great time. Glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well aren't you so cute in the happiest place on earth. I would debate their claim to the happiest place part but I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! Love the pics! Happy 25th! You two look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS