Monday, October 5, 2009

A little funny for you

I received this in a devotional I get via email;

Sunday after church, a mom asked her very young daughter
what the lesson was about. The daughter answered,
"Don't be scared; you'll get your quilt."

Needless to say, the mom was perplexed.
Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the mom
asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was
about.

He said, "Be not afraid; thy comforter is coming."


That gave me a chuckle, I hope it puts a smile on your face today.

We are packed and ready to go! Whew! I just decided to take everything, then I didn't have to give it so much thought. :D

Praise - it is a beautiful day, good for traveling!

Prayers - for us to shine His light to all we come in contact with during this trip. Strangers and family alike.

5 comments:

  1. This is darling! TY for sharing. Be safe & take good care.
    Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that a lot! Praying for safe travels~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful trip. You're across the street from the Happiest Place on Earth? Are you going or just peeking through the fence? Take care, have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the devotional line.......may I borrow that phrase for my blog site?......it would be perfect over my lists of quilts that I want to make for loved ones !

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS