Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy October!

and it is already October 2nd! My how time flies.

Nothing quilty tonight. Just wondering if you've seen these, bought these, tasted these;


I am a huge fan of Candy Corn. Not the Brach's brand though. Nope it has to be store brand or Farley's. Same with the candy Pumpkins. Do you know that one year there was a candy pumpkin shortage here in north Idaho? Yup, there was. It was miserable! Especially so for hubby who was on a trip to Washington and I requested that he seek/find/buy candy pumpkins. He forgot. He forgot until he was back in Idaho and THEN he took a back way home. He stopped at the few pathetic stores along that route and didn't find any. I wasn't surprised by that news. He asked the other day if I bought candy pumpkins and I said 'yeah, did you want some?' He said, 'no! I just didn't want to go on the hunt for them again!'

All that to say that these Hershey Kisses are NOT Candy Corn. Oh sure they are colored to look like Candy Corn. The bag implies that they are candy corn flavored. Thank you that they don't taste like normal Hershey's Kisses (can you say dusty old chocolate taste? blech!), BUT they do NOT TASTE ANYTHING LIKE CANDY CORN! No one that has tasted them can really describe what they DO taste like. My son said they tasted like strawberry to him. WHAT??? So then my hubby tried one and he agreed, he could taste strawberry. INTERESTING! I don't think I taste strawberry but I don't know what it is. I'll eat them. They aren't AWFUL. They just are NOT candy corn. Cute novelty. That is all.

I trimmed and squared up the Arcadia quilt this afternoon. Cleaned and oiled my machine (the little oil can light came on). That was it for anything sewing related.

Oh yeah, hint and tip for you - DO NOT wear a black long sleeved t-shirt when working with white Minkee. Just sayin'.

Praise - my son's friend was able to help him fix his truck tonight. He was able to weld some parts that were needed to fix the power steering. I will feel much better about him driving it now.

Prayers - a man from church is having awful back pain (due to previou injuries) that his medications do not help at all. He is looking at surgery now on the 13th. He is very concerned about it. Prayers for his peace of mind and for the surgeon's skill.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting. You've gotten my curious. I'll have to check them out. I just love anything candy corn - I love the way they look. So, I think those little hershey guys are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are cute candies! strawberry?!?! lol

    glad bro's truck is finally fixed!

    ~College Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny. I don't like brachs brand either. I like farley's and there's another one. mmmmm. Can't remember. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a candy pumpkin shortage is a dire thought! I don't like Brach's either. I think I am a candy corn snob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - I don't like candy corn in any form by any maker! Praising for your son's truck and praying for the man from church - bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy corn has always been my favorite. Well, candy apples are up there, too. Shoot, anything with 'candy' in its name is my favorite! A candy pumpkin shortage is unthinkable. Were you able to impeach anyone???

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can only eat a few pieces of candy corn and then I'm done. I do think they should leave certain candies alone.....like hershey kisses come out with all kinds of different experiments. I like 'em plain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't fun when they tempt us with all the candy choices-I think I would peal all the wrappers off of these and just use them for decoration!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS