Here is my patriotic picture for today:

Homemade Cherry Pie! This is the first time that I have made cherry pie. Those are little stars cut in the crust. I used a recipe from allrecipes.com and I was pretty pleased with it. Gauging by the amount of little green cherries on the tree in the front yard I should be making these about once a month.
I did get some time in my sewing room today (with a big fan in the doorway). I got my apron pattern traced (which is all I was hoping for today) and then got the apron fabric cut out! BONUS! Then I started working on my tote bag and made pretty good progress on that. At that point my guests were in and out so I left my sewing for another day. Maybe Saturday. My guests are going to a farmer's market in the morning so I think that I will work on the tote while they are gone.
A big THANKFUL praise to God tonight. He spared us from what could have been a terrible boating accident. I don't even know what else to say about it. It was a total gift that He gave us.

Happy 4th Cheryl! You're so domestic! A cherry pie?? wow. I cut watermelon. That's as fancy as it got around here. Have a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteWow, your cherry pie is so purdy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad God was looking over you out on the lake and that you all are safe.
yummy. homemade pie is the best.
ReplyDeleteThats the hard part about the holidays. So many things can happen. I'm glad you are okay. Nice pie. I hate to make pie but my husband's favorite is cherry and apple and he would love it if I baked all the time.
ReplyDelete