
This cutting table has been a back saver for me. I was working on something not too long ago on my other work surface and after bending over and cutting for a long time I could NOT stand up straight! That was really going to put a crimp in my sewing time. Not good. I had seen this table advertised in quilt magazines and catalogs and even the JoAnn's ad many times but now I knew that I NEEDED one. Not too long after that they were on sale for 40 or 50% off at JoAnn's. The thing is, the nearest JoAnn's is just over an hour away from here. I called them, they had one and they would sell it to me over the phone and hold it for me! My back loves me for this. I can stand at it for hours! I can move it around easily! I can fold down a portion of it! I wonder why it took me so long. The cutting board on top there I found at a garage sale, probably a decade ago. It still has the price sticker on it - $4. I don't love it. It doesn't always lie flat, it isn't that nice self healing stuff that an Olfa mat is made from but it works for now. I have a smaller Olfa mat that I just move around under my fabric. An Olfa type mat to cover that cutting table is pretty expensive. Maybe someday.
Long weekend is over. Guests are gone. Time to get back into a routine here.
Praying for my guys tonight. They went backpacking with some friends. First time this summer. Also for a young lady on her way home from a mission trip to Africa. She got pretty sick just the other day and they have not determined if it is Malaria or something else.

Nice table. I have learned to sit for smaller cutting. My laziness has taught me so many shortcuts!!
ReplyDeleteJ's should hire you since you are 'enabling' what they sell. hehe :)
ReplyDelete