and that is a GOOD thing! My husband measured my sewing room window (94" inside measurement) and I looked at WM. No blinds that wide, but what about two side by side that measure 47"??? Would that work? Not sure, so I didn't buy them. Then I looked online and the price for custom blinds was too much...well the SHIPPING was too much actually, so we decided to try the WM blinds. Called the kids while they were in town and had them pick them up. My hubby installed them this morning (he is pretty handy that way). They don't look terrible. Where they do 'meet' there is a teeny gap but a 'lattice' from the window is right there. Room darkening shades! They should help keep SOME of the glaring sun and heat out of the room. Maybe I CAN sew in July and August after all. If this doesn't work I am seriously thinking of hauling stuff down to the basement - it is downright frigid down there (year 'round).
We have a busy holiday weekend coming up, really starting tomorrow evening. I am not sure I will be in my sewing room at all. I hope to get the white lattice and borders cut out soon and then assembly on the Lakeside Charm quilt can start. I am anxious to see it come together. I am putting aprons in the mail tomorrow for two little girls and their AG dolls. There are a couple of surprises in there for them too. Once they have received them I will add them to my slide show (I think) or post a picture of them. Here is a sneak peek. :D The fabric is Metro Blue by Michele D'Amore for Marcus Fabrics.
Would you really set up shop in your basement? That's a lot of hauling of stuff to haul around isn't it? Why not just turn the AC UP!!!! ?) :)
ReplyDelete