
Yup, more cherries to pick! The tree is loaded. My friend wanted cherries, but she didn't really want to pick and pit them. So I tried to ignore the tree while everyone was here. Yesterday the lady I buy raspberries from called and said she had a flat and half ready for me. I picked them up last night. Raspberries and cherries and fabric. What to do, what to do. This morning and part of the afternoon (cuz I needed to wait for my son to come home from work and bring me more pectin) was spent making raspberry jam using the fresh raspberries. 10 pints. After dinner my hubby and two kids picked cherries. They didn't even make a dent in what is on that tree. I sat and pitted 2 quarts of them and then put them in freezer bags. My daughter is pitting some more now. Aren't they purdy??

So I guess that tomorrow can be a sewing/quilting kind of day. I can look forward to that. On my to-do list: cut and sew binding strips for the flimsy that I just finished and piece the backing for that flimsy. I need to get some Warm & White and then get this off to the quilters!!
I have been thinking about what I could make for a young couple at our church that will marry this fall. I think that I can get a quilt done. I hope I am not being too ambitious, since I do have a few other projects to do before I can get started on it. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Praise the Lord that all the kids stayed safe while they were here. If you could have seen all the activities they did you would understand what a huge blessing that is!

My gosh do I know how that feels! Good luck with it all.
ReplyDeleteWell you're certainly more prodcutive than I would ever be in this department. I would just have looked at the cherries day after day and never picked them. Nope, too much work. ;) I also would not make jam. Too much work. ;) This is why I have other hobbies, YOU can do all this baking and picking and pitting. :) Lazy me. I don't think you are too ambitious with the quilts and projects, you have done well!
ReplyDeleteMy first visit to your blog. You have a wonderful blog. All the pictures from the quilt festival are great!! Especially the 3-D one. My daughter sent my 6 yr. old granddaughters nursery bedding home for "me to store" and I suggested I cut it up and make a quilt out of it --perhaps the 3-D would work. (( I spent hours and hours sewing the nursery bedding..could I possible cut it up again and start over? ))
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Cheryl! What no birthday post? You must be having a funner day than I am. Have a wonderful day. bye, Corrie
ReplyDelete