Monday, July 14, 2008

A flimsy at the end of the tunnel

I can see a flicker of a flimsy at the end of the tunnel! If I had gotten an earlier start today. If I had taken fewer breaks today. If it hadn't been so hot in my sewing room again today. If. If. If. I DID get all of my rows sewed together. I DID get all of my sashings and border strips sewed together. I could not bring myself to iron. It has cooled down in the room now but now I am tired. My plan is to iron all rows, sashings and bindings in the morning, then sew the sashings to the rows and iron again. Then I can sew the borders on. I will have achieved FLIMSY status!

I WAS going to post pictures of the tote bag that I made for the swap, since my partner received it. I WAS going to post a picture of the apron that I made for the swap, since my partner received it. Blogger will not allow me to upload any images. :( Says internal error. The apron IS up there in my slideshow now. Sorry. No pictures.

I love to get mail. While I was gone this weekend a couple of packages came. That was fun to come home to. Today I got a package from Quilt Taffy. The Line by Line (or Jam Bars) pattern, the Sewing Edge (which I used today...LOVE IT!) and a yard of an Allspice Tapestry fabric. Mmmmmm. My apron swap partner notified me that she has mailed my apron! WOOO HOOO! I can't wait to receive that package.

Prayers for my nephew and his bride, for their marriage - their future. Praise God for safe travel to and from the wedding. Prayers for my kiddos, as we left them in the big city with friends for the week.

2 comments:

  1. Thats how I felt last night when I finished mine. If I had taken less breaks, started earlier Saturday I could have finished it but oh well. Its done now. And I had to MAKE myself do the ironing. And my iron is spitting so I had to do it dry and spray it. Which is harder. Flimsy status is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an 'if, if, if' person everyday. :)

    'if i hadn't sat at the computer for 2hrs I could had been done with all the house chores'

    'if i had stopped yesterday for groceries I wouldn't have had to do it today'...

    i could go on and on. hehe.

    The important part is that you were doing SOMETHING and not just taking a break ALL day long.

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS