Monday, April 12, 2010

4/12 Even more strips

So far this is all the sewing I have accomplished today;

The binding strips for the POSH quilt. I was wandering around the LQS (that isn't so local really at all) on Friday while a friend got a demo on an embroidery machine. I was trying to figure out what to use for the binding and then I saw the BOUTIQUE line by the same designers as POSH. There were five different colorways of this same dotted print - pink, green, yellow, blue and maybe red. It was a toss up between the pink and green but the salesclerk convinced me the pink would look great (that was my first pick). I like that the little dots are made up of colors that are in the POSH prints.

Binding strips sewn together and then I have ironed that in half and rolled it up. I then had a phone call that lasted 1.5 hours, had to work, get dinner in the crockpot and after dinner go to town for groceries. Now I am beat so I'm not sure if I will start sewing the binding on to the quilt or save it for tomorrow.

Praise - for the wonderful place we are able to live, with the beautiful creek and mountains and the wildlife.

Prayers - for hubby, he pulled something in his chest and back, probably while trying to move a pool table yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Love your binding choice :)
    Hope hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the binding - and getting it ready is no small accomplishment, especially with everything else you had to do. I'm praying for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS