Monday, April 5, 2010

4/5 - Verna Sashing

After I worked for a few hours today I was able to get the sashing started on the Verna quilt. A little break to fix and eat dinner and then clean up and I was back at it to finish up the sashing.


Now I am wondering if I should add the borders or leave it this size. This is for a lap quilt for my mother-in-law. Right now it is approximately 32" square. Opinions welcomed!

For those of you that might be wondering - we still don't' have a finalized 'deal' with our house/property. A couple of weeks ago it should have been decided upon by the prospective buyer but instead we were asked for a TWO WEEK extension. At that point I was just tired of the whole thing so didn't mention it again. This Friday, the ninth, should be the day we hear something from the prospective buyer.

Praise - I'm feeling much better today!

Prayers - That this would be the final week of decision for the prospective buyer and that a deal can be reached that is favorable to both parties.

10 comments:

  1. That turned out so pretty - hm - how much would the borders actually add? And how tall is your mum-in-law? I made lap quilt for my mum for Christmas and she insists on trying to sleep under it - so anymore, I try to go bigger.

    I'm glad you're feeling better - praying the buyers decide to actually buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, 32" lap quilt.....i would add some borders. I did my obligatory sewing today and thought of you. :)

    Good Luck on the House!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! you have done so much! I am impressed and excited to see all you get accomplished this month. <3
    College Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add the borders........it is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that adding borders would be the best thing to do. Better to make it too big than not big enough.

    Very pretty.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say add the borders too :) Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would add the borders--She may find it alittle small. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When hubby was in the nursing home for a month, I found that 32-36 inches square was great for the wheelchair-bound person.....it's not so big that it gets into the wheels. But if that's not the case with her, I would go a bit bigger for the cozy-factor !

    Looking so good !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl I tried to email you - it came back to me. I sent you two emails, did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know that I know what a 'border' is so can't comment on that. Do hope house situation meets a deal though.

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS