Thursday, April 15, 2010

4/15 A day off

Well sort of. I didn't work today and I headed out fairly early,all alone. I have to drive 1.5 hours to go to;

I read about all the fabulous things other bloggers find at Target. I didn't find any. I was pretty disappointed.

I also went to Macy's and Penneys and ran into Costco for some lunch and then on to;


It was a really nice day here today, probably made it to 70! This photo shows a gal wearing shorts. This photo was not taken today. :) I forgot to take pictures of the stores after Target but I remembered that I had a picture in my file of my little podunk JoAnn's. I spent way too much time in there today. No one waiting in the car ya know. EVERYTHING I wanted was on sale! Thread, Kona, Basting Spray. I TRIED to use my coupons and I couldn't! I thought I would use a coupon on the latest quilt magazine that I wanted but they didn't have it in. I ended up giving three coupons to a lady who was shopping there without a coupon. :0

I will try to take a picture tomorrow of the pretty assortment of Kona cottons that I bought today. When I was finally done at JoAnn's I went back to Costco for my shopping. The only thing out of the ordinary that I bought was a bag of Peony starts, everything else was just the normal grocery items. Then I went BACK to Target to get a new doormat. I thought Costco would have some and they didn't.

Here is a photo I snapped when traffic slowed way down for a construction zone. This is the lake I cross when coming into the town I live closest to. My son is going to love that smooth water and wish he was wake boarding.

and a picture to the east (with windshield glare);

Home to unload the car, make something for hubby and I to have for dinner and then time to finish up the binding. I had to join the two ends together and sew the final edge. Now I am gluing it to the backside. I like to use the Sharon Schamber method - no clips or pins required while doing the hand sewing.


Praise - (you may want to put all liquid refreshments down and swallow before you read any further) We have a signed sale/purchase agreement!!!! Thank you for your prayers.

Prayers - for the sale to go through to closing and an exchange of funds takes place - and all that encompasses. Closing should be the 27th.

3 comments:

  1. Wow great news! We put an offer in on a house yesterday but the owners turned it down :-( I love your lake picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have a shopping day-quilt on its final stretch is good-I use the glue method when I am sewing on by machine-don't even use pins to secure it when doing it by hand. So GLAD the house is sold-wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun productive day! Congrats on the agreement. I know you were ready to get that done!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS FROM FRIENDS